Pages

7.17.2011

Sarah Jessica Parker Covers Vogue August 2011 Issue

Talented actress and the star from my beloved 'Sex and the City' Sarah Jessica Parker graces cover of Vogue August 2011 issue. 46-year-old actress smiles on magazine's August 2011 cover page in a winter white Burberry Prorsum Fall 2011 coat belted at the waist.
Photographed by Mario Testino, the family spread features SJP with hubby Matthew Broderick and children James Wilkie and twins Marion and Tabitha.
Sarah is wearing a lot of stylish dresses from big brands including Chanel Resort, Proenza Schouler, Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta. She is looking elegant in a photo with her two-year-old twin daughters, Marion and Tabitha, from the pictorial.
Sarah talks about many things in her Vogue cover story including her Sex and the City character, where her priorities lie, and what her life would be like if she didn’t have kids.
SJP says nothing is more important to her and hubby Matthew Broderick than family: “We don’t have any live-in help. We’re pretty hands-on parents. That’s something that’s important to both of us, and we don’t shirk it, because what’s the point in having a family if you’re not going to really participate in it, you know?”
Check out more excerpts from Sarah Jessica Parker’s Vogue Magazine interview:
On identifying with her Sex and the City character, Carrie Bradshaw: “Bradshaw’s life is nothing – nothing – like mine. I loved playing her, and it changed my life in lots of wonderful ways, but I’m not a crazy shoe lady, I don’t think about fashion all day long, although I have a great respect for the industry. Every choice we’ve made has been different, but with Kate I really understood the attempt at a life.”
On being a parent to twins in her 40s: “I guess I think there are things about it that I hope have made me a better mother. I’ve had a lot of opportunities to do the things that I wanted to do, like sleep. I have slept till 11:00 for a lot of years. Honestly, the only thing that I’m concerned about is the energy: I hope I can maintain the energy. I think about all the years I’ve spent parenting James Wilkie and everything I put into it, and there are two of them.”
On being a fashion icon: “I love the opportunity to wear something really special and go to a wonderful event at some great cultural institution. Not to sound too Pollyanna about it, but I really didn’t imagine when I was a little girl that I would be there to see it all myself.”

Source: stylebistro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment